I found a blog that does a Tuesday Listable Life post. I thought it would be fun to participate. . .Check out the other Listable Life Posts here. . .
This week’s Prompts . . . 5 People You Treasure Most, 5 Pet Peeves, 5 Places You’ve Lived and What You Liked/Disliked About Them
I chose 5 People You Treasure Most
1. My Family ~Where would I be without the love, support, encouragement (and constructive criticism) of my husband?!?! There is no one else in this world who is more perfect for me. He deals with my piles, my drama, my laziness. He loves my creativity (most of the time), passion for books, and my faith!
Then there’s Baby Girl. Seriously! How did I get so lucky!! She gives me purpose. She gives me the BEST hugs around. She gives me sunshine on those really rainy days!!
2. My Mom ~ (& you too Dad) ~ She is my best friend, my counselor, my secretary, my to do list keeper, my safe zone, my model, my mom! She loves my kid (almost as much as I do). She loves my husband. . . frequently taking his side in fact. . . yet always remembers that she’s MY mom. She has been selfless and sacrificed so much for me and my sisters. Seriously, wouldn’t be alive without her!!
3. My Sister Carol ~We’re five years apart, but you can’t tell by looking at us. She keeps me young, grounded, and filled with liquid courage! 🙂 We have lunch once a week (try to at least) and talk about life, love, and the pursuit of happiness. . . all while living this life for the Lord. . . not for man. . . or woman!
4. My Girls ~ Hastings College is my Alma mater. I am a Bronco, through and through. The girls of Altman 1st and 2nd floor & my girls from South Ash mean more to me than I could EVER explain! While we’re scattered across the country (thanks to Casey being back in the states). . . we’re just a phone call, plane ride, or facebook post away! In my darkest days (depression is REAL), the memories I have of my Altman/South Ash family keep me going. I’m a horrible friend. . . they know this. . . I don’t call, or write, as often as I should or would like too. But they are on my mind all day. . . there is not a day. . . NOT ONE that goes by where I don’t think of them. I love you girls!! You are my rock… just knowing you’re there!! (I don’t have a picture to link here. . . maybe I’ll scan those soon. . . the three boxes full)!! 🙂
5. The Dream Team ~ The last group is also a group I don’t have a picture of. . . My DREAM TEAM!! I had the privilege and honor of working with the most passionate, professional group of teachers in the world! I always dreamed of working with a group of teachers who were as crazy dedicated as I amto my job. I then hoped and prayed that this group of teachers would be not only my friends but my post to hold me up when I’m ready to fall down. I miss you! I miss the MAGIC that happened in those hallways and classrooms! Though we too are spread all over the WORLD. . . I dream about being together again and teaching children to love learning as much as we do!!
6. Redeemer Family ~ I know I’m cheating. . . but I’m stickin’ to the pirate code on this one! Redeemer is my church. Redeemer is my home. Redeemer is the foundation of my support system! Specifically my Germany Family! But also outside of that, spilling throughout all generations, groups, and interests. You are my constant. Week after week, the encouragement I find, just from being in the same room with you all. . . well, let’s just say it picks me up off the floor and helps me stand tall!! Especially this past week! THANK YOU!! God is good. . . ALL THE TIME!!
I know those last three aren’t one person. . . but a group of people. I had a hard time narrowing it down to just 5 people. My friends become my family. My family are my best friends! Give a girl a break. I have a lot to be thankful for!! 🙂